Inspection of semiconductor/electrical devicesMT type
MT type series are anisotropic conductive sheet type, which consists of soft silicone rubber and of gold-plated metal wires embedded densely into it. This type of Inter-Connector is suitable for inspecting and connecting IC packages such as BGA, QFN or SON. Since MT-4X type has 4-time metal density, it can be used to CSP. Especially, MT series are superrior in transmitting high cycle.
Dimension and tolerance
|Pitch(mm)||Pi:0.10±0.03 x Ps:0.10±0.05|
|4X||Pi:0.05±0.03 x Ps:0.05±0.03|
- ※ MT-SOFT type has no 0.5mm thickness.
- ※ Please consult with us for larger size than 50L x 50W.
Shin-Etsu Inter-Connector has been registered in European Community, TM No.000299016, and in the United States of America, TM No.2078941.
Offset to connecting electrode
※ Since metal wires are inclined in the direction parallel to L dim., upper and lower connecting electrodes need "offset".
Measured by 4-terminal method
The test method: the above-described drawing.
- 1 Electrode:
- Size 0.4mm x 0.4mm
- Gold plated electrode (50 patterns)
- 2 Test samples:
- 0.5mm t (Offset 0.25mm)
- 1.0mm t (Offset 0.5mm)
- 2.0mm t (Offset 1.0mm)
- A small amount of silicone will remain on the inspected (IC package, etc.,) connected with MT-type connector.
- When the inspected (IC package, etc.,) with soldered electrodes is pressured and welded to MT-type connector, the solder can adhere to the metal wire part of the connector.
- When the inspected (IC package, etc.,) is pressured and welded to MT-type connector, it can be absorbed to the conncetor.
- Attachments such as dirt, dust and the other alien substances will remarkably increase the contact resistance of the connector.
- A cross section cut through L direction will be inclined. See the right illustration.
- MT series Operating Temperature Range: -35~100 degreeºC.
Every item or numerical value indicated herein is measured by Shin-Etsu and out of guarantee.
The quality of the connector, which has been already assembled, is out of guarantee.
Please make sure to see about the purpose/conditions of use and practice your own test. Industrial ownership like patent doesn't guarantee the usage of the connector.
- Adobe Reader is required to viewing PDF files.
Please click the Adobe logo and download Adobe Reader if necessary.
Adobe Systems, Adobe Reader and Adobe logo are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Please feel free to contact us
if you have any inquiries regarding our products.