Connectors for LCDsJS type
JS Type Inter-Connectors consists of conductive silver/carbon traces on polyester base film.
Anisotropic adhesive material, in which conductive particle is dispersed, is applied to the traces to heat-seal the connectors to other components.
JS type is low resistance heat-seal connectors so that it's suitable not only character but dot matrix LCD manes and PCB connection.
It's also compatible with ZIF connnector, which is easily inserted and extraxted with some forces.
Dimension and tolerance
|Size L x H||mm||100 x 150|
|Dimension tolerance||Length (L)||mm||±0.25|
|Height (H)||H≦120±0.25 H＞120±0.5|
|Width of conductor (Tc)||mm||0.1|
|Pitch tolerance||mm||±0.05 (P＜1.0) ±0.03 (0.2≦P≦0.4)
|Accumulative pitch (TP)||mm||±0.05 (P≦0.4, TP≦100)
±0.10 (P＞0.4, TP≦100)
|Thickness of base film (T)||μm||25|
|Thickness of cover film (option)||μm||12 or 25|
|Conductive lines||Thermosetting resin silver/carbon ink|
|Adhesive||Gold plated carbon particles
Half-thermosetting synthetic rubber adhesive
|Insulation layer||Printed themoplastic synthetic rubber|
※Optional: polyester cover film, polyester stiffner for ZIF connector.
|Condutive resistance||≦0.5Ω/□||10~30ºC, 30~80%RH|
|Insulation resistance||≧100MΩ||10~30ºC, 30~80%RH|
|Peel strength (initial)||≧2.94N/cm||90°peel, 100 mm/min.|
|Storage time||6 months max.||Sealed, 0~40ºC, RH≦50%|
Bonding conditions range
|Adhesive temperature (1)||140~170ºC|
|Time (2)||7±2seconds (Adhesive temp.≧140ºC)|
- This temperature should be applied only to the bonding area.
- Time (2) means keeping one at reaching the adhesive temperature (1).
- ※Surface should be free of dust and contamination.
- ※Above "BONDING CONDITION" is not specification. It is only condition which are got in our test. Your proper condition depends on heatsealing machine, material of jig, thichness and material of cushion, size and material of adherent, environment in your process and so on. Evaluation in your process should be necessary by yourself.
- ※The test is carried out with Shin-Etsu's own method.
- ※The above conditions are provided only for reference and are based upon our company's in-house tests. Applicable conditions will vary depending on the thermal capacity of equipment, cushioning material, thickness, adhesive body size, material, exoergic properties of the lower supporting jig, and a variety of other environmental factors. As such, the above conditions should be used only for reference and implemented only after thorough testing.
Every item or numerical value indicated herein is measured by Shin-Etsu and out of guarantee.
The quality of the connector, which has been already assembled, is out of guarantee.
Please make sure to see about the purpose/conditions of use and practice your own test. Industrial ownership like patent doesn't guarantee the usage of the connector.
Please feel free to contact us
if you have any inquiries regarding our products.